Join Our Team!
5Star Bank is an inclusive, diversified workplace with teammates who make this a special place to work! We offer health, dental and vision coverage as well as paid holidays and vacations. Other benefits are available.
Specialty Lending Credit Analyst & Operations Specialist
5Star Bank is looking for an energetic, motivated, and detail-oriented candidate to join our growing Business Credit team. As a member of the Business Credit team, the Specialty Lending Credit Analyst & Operations Specialist is responsible for all underwriting of new credits, quarterly reviews of current customers, daily operations and compliance tasks, as well as monitoring ongoing credit risk and account performance. The Specialty Lending Credit Analyst & Operations Specialist will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Director of Business Solutions Group and have a dotted line to the Manager of Business Credit.
Necessary skills include the ability to complete financial analysis and monitor risk parameters, understands accounting rules, the ability to communicate well with customers, high aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail, knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Adobe, as well as an understanding of banking procedures and systems. Knowledge of Loan Operations and alternative financing, such as Factoring, Asset Based Lending and Vendor Financing is a plus. This position’s career path would be a Portfolio Manager with Sales Goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ability to underwrite potential clients by preparing a loan presentation including financial spreads with the use of excel.
- Ability to complete complex financial analysis with a good understanding of accounting rules.
- Ability to underwrite client’s account debtors.
- Ability to present business industry information by use of various research tools.
- Thorough knowledge of economics, accounting, and finance and ability to communicate trends.
- Assist in the onboarding of new clients, conduct all due diligence, prepare legal documents, input information in the bank systems, prepare first funding.
- Help optimize risk monitoring and operating procedures for efficiency and credit control.
- Complete all operational aspects of accounts for all Business Credit products, including daily fundings and payment allocation.
- Monitor compliance requirements for all existing accounts.
- Assist in the ongoing verification of assigned accounts receivable.
- Complete monthly reporting requirements for clients and senior management.
- Effectively communicate with customers daily.
- Respond to customer needs, resolve problems, and coordinate solutions with other departments of the bank.
- Monitor existing portfolio, including managing overdrafts, past dues, monthly borrowing bases, problem loans, to adequately protect the bank and limit loan policy exceptions.
- Work with other internal departments to successfully complete the sales cycle.
- Strong ethics and in alignment with all applicable banking laws and regulations.
- Becoming an expert in Business Credit software systems.
- Ability to work through complex problems and provide solutions as needed.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), ability to work well within a team and also manage client’s needs and expectations.
- Knowledge of business credit products, such as Factoring, and Asset Based Lending is a plus
- Solid credit skills with an understanding of risk monitoring, financial ratios, spreading tax returns, loan covenants and loan policy.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team as required.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe and Outlook
- Outstanding organizational skills, problem solving abilities and time management skills.
- Provides customers with courteous, friendly service, which exceeds their expectations while processing transactions promptly, efficiently, and accurately.
5Star Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. The Bank is proud to be a drug-free workplace. Any offers are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal and background check including a Credit Report.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Base Salary Range: $45,000 - $75,000 annually
- Highlights of our Benefits Offering: 401k, 401k Matching, 10 Company Paid Holidays, Commuter Benefits, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Insurance, Health Savings Account, Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Time Off, Vision Insurance, and Wellness Program.
5Star Bank is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
As an affirmative action employer, 5Star Bank accepts resumes and applications for open positions only. We are unable to accept unsolicited resumes and applications. Please click the link associated with the open position you are interested in.
5Star Bank promotes a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing and background check are required. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status.
5Star Bank requires complete applications for each specific position in order for an applicant to be considered. Thank you for your interest in 5Star Bank.